Memories to Cherish is all about celebrating life and love, giving a bespoke celebration of life for your loved one.
The choice of service is endless, it can include as much, as little or no religious content as you require.
The service is all about your loved one, giving you the opportunity to express your grief, say goodbye but also give thanks and celebrate their life.
We will work closely together to create a fitting celebration and occasion.
Services I have undertaken include cremations, burials and Natural burials as preferred, and have included services in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire Leicestershire and Sheffield.
We will meet, in your home or any other convenient location to discuss the content of the service, which I will then write. Everything I propose to say on the day will have been approved by yourselves – I see my role as presenting ‘your service and celebration’ for ‘your loved one’.
I always arrive early for the service, to ensure that everything is organised and as it should be. To help, ensure that service is as we have arranged – with the correct music and hymns ordered.
I can also provide services for the interment of ashes, whether I have taken the funeral/celebration of life service or not.
The personal service will be individually written for your loved one.
It would be an honour and pleasure for me to be able to undertake this last task for your loved one.
My services to you include:-
- A meeting at your home, or wherever you prefer, to talk about what kind of ceremony would best suit the person who has passed away.
- We will discuss their life and maybe consider family members or friends who would like to take part.
Children can be involved, as they often provide the most colourful, and vivid memories which can be incorporated into the service.
- Discussing and the arranging of any particular music to be played on entering, during and leaving the service
- Choosing any favourite poems or readings
- Considering any spiritual or religious content eg The Lord’s Prayer or maybe a favourite hymn
- Your favourite memories or interesting stories, along with your loved one’s life story
- The Ceremony will be prepared including writing the tribute for you or assist family and friends in writing and delivering their own tributes.
- Your Funeral Director and I will work closely together, with members of staff at the crematorium or burial ground, ensuring the Ceremony is carried out according to your wishes.
- On the day of the ceremony, I will be there with you, to support, help and conduct the Service.
- After the completion of the service I will present you with a bound copy